September 16, 2021 | Great American Haunted Main Street: Storytelling Contest |
Does your Main Street have a ghost story to tell? We want to hear it!
Tell us about your downtown’s strange sightings, haunted buildings, or other paranormal activities for a chance to be named a 2021 Great American Haunted Main Street. Share your commercial district’s ghost stories with us by submitting a short essay and a few high-quality photos using this form
. A panel of spook-tacular Main Street America storytellers will judge the submissions and announce the winners in the Halloween edition of our Main Street News on October 28!
Learn more about the deliverables, eligibility, and judging criteria below. All submissions must be received by Sunday, October 10.
- Short essay on the haunted happenings in your commercial district.
- Essays should range from 150-300 words. However, we will consider alternate lengths if you are able to weave an impactful and engaging tale.
- Three (3) high quality images (2mb or higher) with photo credits and captions are required with entry.
- Additional supporting materials, such as weblinks, videos, or audio files, are permitted but not required with entry.
- Only submissions from Main Street America members will be considered for this contest.
- Judges will be scoring based on the following criteria:
- The essay must be original and have not been published elsewhere.
- The story is fun, chilling, and unique to your Main Street district.
- The haunted building is located with the Main Street program's district boundaries.
- The storyteller has a strong, authentic voice.
- The photos are high quality and clearly connected to the story.
- Bonus points will be awarded to those organizations who have incorporated their haunted happenings into their Main Street program's events, promotions, and marketing initiatives.
Contact Abby Armato
, Communications Coordinator.