September 25, 2019 | Champion Small Business Saturday on Your Main Street: Join the Movement to Shop Small |
For 10 years, Small Business Saturday® has helped rally communities around the businesses they love. The Main Street America network has been a proud supporter since the beginning in 2010, and we are honored to once again team up with American Express. We hope you’ll join us to help make this year's Small Business Saturday an even bigger success than last year's by serving as a 2019 Neighborhood Champion. Let's make this a record-breaking year for Main Street's participation in celebrating and supporting small businesses!
New this year, all Main Street America members have been pre-qualified to serve as Neighborhood Champions on a first-come, first served basis. All you have to do is fill out a brief Neighborhood Champion application and indicate you were referred by the Main Street America network (MSA).* The form opens on Monday, October 7th and will remain open until Thursday, November 7th, or until supplies last. Mark your calendars and check back on our blog then for the link and information to apply.
Why we encourage you serve as a Neighborhood Champion?
• It is a ready-made event that links you and your community to a national movement to support small business.
• It supports your ongoing Main Street's Promotions-related activities, which will help position your downtown as the center of the community and hub of economic activity.
What will a Neighborhood Champion do?
• Plan and host an event to celebrate the small businesses in your community on November 30. It could be a kick-off breakfast event, a welcome station, or even a Shop Small® scavenger hunt.
• Engage with your local business owners and help them prepare for the big day.
• Sign up online between 10/7/19 – 11/7/19 and once approved, get access to materials and resources provided compliments of American Express to help promote the day on your Main Street. You’ll receive monthly emails with planning tips and ideas, as well as a Small Business Saturday Event Kit with Shop Small merchandise (including tote bags, balloons, and other promotional items).
• Promote the event to your community and rally them to come out and Shop Small on the big day!
We want to hear from you!
If you’ve been a Small Business Saturday Neighborhood Champion in previous years, share your experience with us! Email us your best Neighborhood Champion stories and ideas for a chance to be featured in upcoming promotions.
About Small Business Saturday:
Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses and communities across the country. Founded by American Express in 2010, this day is celebrated each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year it will take place on November 30, 2019. Click here to learn about the impact of Small Business Saturday in 2018.
*Eligibility restrictions apply. Review Neighborhood Champion Program for Small Business Saturday® and the Shop Small® Movement Terms of Participation for complete details.