September 15, 2017 | National Main Street Center | Member Announcement | Grant Opportunity
The National Main Street Center (NMSC) is pleased to announce a new grant program to support the development of Entrepreneurial Ecosystems on Main Street. This program will provide an innovative, economic vitality-driven approach to two Main Street America communities to create a more robust support system to foster the launch and growth of entrepreneurs aligned to your commercial district’s Transformation Strategies.
Each community will receive technical assistance for strategic planning and metric development around creating their district Entrepreneurial Ecosystems, including a one-day visit by NMSC staff to assess current assets, gaps, and develop plans for a more robust ecosystem. In addition, communities will receive a matching grant of up to $2,000 to provide start-up funding for entrepreneurs to participate in an innovative retail concept – such as a start-up contest or pop-up shop event.
This opportunity is available to all Accredited Main Street America communities who have taken the steps to define their Transformation Strategies as part of their work. See below for further detail on criteria.
Thank you to Mr. Chris Wilson for his support and the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee for their generous donation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The last day to apply is October 6, 2017.
- The application period opens on September 15, 2017 and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until October 6, 2017.
- Two (2) programs will be selected to participate.
- The technical assistance visits will occur before January 1, 2018.
- After the grant project, a publication measuring the success of the project and tool-kit for replication by other network member communities will be created.
- Applicants selected to participate in the program will receive $2,000 in a 1:1 match to apply towards the creation of a pop-up retail activity to be determined.
Community Selection Considerations:
- Community must be an Accredited Main Street America program.
- Community must demonstrate a capacity to implement grant match funding.
- Communities must agree to share learnings for the post-grant publication.
- Community must be able to schedule technical assistance visit prior to January 1, 2018.
- Applicant should be staff, board, or volunteer of a National Main Street Center member organization.
- Sept 15: Application available online. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Oct 6: Applications due to NMSC via the link below.
- Oct 16: Applicants selected and notified by NMSC. NMSC staff will reach out shortly thereafter to schedule technical service visit.
- Jan 1, 2018: Technical service visits complete.
- Winter 2018: Project specific technical assistance and implementation of pop-up event.
- Summer 2018: Project wrap-up and report/toolkit development.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
APPLY NOW >