National Main Street Awards
Each year the National Main Street Center recognizes exceptional Main Street communities whose successes serve as a model for comprehensive, preservation-based commercial district revitalization with the Great American Main Street Award. These award-winning communities demonstrate exemplary achievement in the process of strengthening their downtowns and commercial districts based on the following selection criteria:
- Overall strength of the Main Street program and documented success in creating an exciting place to live, work, play and visit;
- Demonstrated impact aligning with the Main Street Approach;
- Commitment to historic preservation;
- Active involvement of the public and private sector;
- Model partnerships, including inclusive engagement of community members and local stakeholders in the downtown revitalization process.
Main Street America Excellence Awards
The Innovation on Main Street Award recognizes high caliber Main Street America programs for successful, sustainable initiatives that represent new approaches to downtown revitalization challenges or opportunities. The award is open to any Standard, Designated or Coordinating Program member of the National Main Street Center.
The Business Leadership Award recognizes the critical role that local businesses play in a healthy economy, and honors the hard-working small business owners that keep those enterprises going while contributing to the community.
The Main Street America Hero Award recognizes outstanding contributions by an elected official, government staff person, public agency, or nonprofit organization at the local, state, or federal level. Winners of the Hero Award are champions of community-driven comprehensive economic development, leaving a lasting impact on their own community, region, or state, while also enhancing national efforts to revitalize America's downtowns and older and historic commercial corridors.